Click on the links below to jump to each section:
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you provide us directly: We ask for certain information such as your username, first and last name, birthdate, phone number, e-mail address, credit card information and billing address when you register for a Foundation account, use our Service, or if you correspond with us. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service, and may collect information you provide in User Content you post to the Service. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
- Information we may receive from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by "following," "liking," adding the Foundation application, linking your account to the Foundation Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Foundation. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. If you allow us access to your friends list, your friends' user IDs, and your connection to those friends, may be used and stored to make your experience more social, and to allow you to invite your friends to use our Service as well as provide you with updates if and when your friends join Foundation. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Foundation Service. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will remove the information collected about you in connection with that service.
- Inviting a friend to use Foundation from the "Invite friends" feature: If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a third party to the Service through our "Invite friends" feature, you may directly choose a friend to invite through your email account's native contact list – but we do not require that you import your contacts list to the Service, and we do not retain the information contained in your contacts list. You understand that by inviting a friend to Foundation through the "Invite friends" feature, you are directly sending a text or email from your personal accounts and that we are not storing your contact list. Since this invitation is coming directly from your email, we do not have access to or control this communication.
- Finding your friends on the Service: If you choose, you can locate your friends with Foundation accounts through our "Find friends" feature. The "Find friends" feature allows you to choose to locate friends through social media sites (such as Twitter or Facebook). If you choose to find your friends through social media sites, then you understand that the information these sites provide to use to conduct this type of search is governed by their privacy policies and your account settings on those sites. Note that we do not retain any information from social media sites about your contacts, and we do not use such information for any purpose other than to help you find your friends on Foundation.
- Analytics information. We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
- Cookies information: When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets Foundation help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser's directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear gifs/web beacons information: When you use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences. We also use your information to send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
2. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information into third parties outside Foundation and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent, except as noted below:
- Who you may choose to share your User Content with: Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your account settings. Subject to your account and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
- What happens in the event of a change of control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the Foundation (including any shares in the Foundation), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the Foundation.
- Sharing certain service type information we collect about you: We may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business partners for the purpose described in the section above on "How We Collect and Use Information." We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
3. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe: Foundation cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Foundation, at all times. However, Foundation cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Foundation or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the Foundation Service, such as social networks. Foundation is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Foundation will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You control your account information and settings: You may update your account information and email-communication preferences at any time by logging in to your account and changing your account settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
Opting out of collection of your information for Tracking: Please refer to your browser's technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents Foundation or its business partners from tracking your browser's activities in relation to the Service, and for use in targeted advertising activities by third parties. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we keep your User Content: Following termination or deactivation of your User account, Foundation may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
5. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Foundation does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
7. HOW TO CONTACT US